VTech® Flipsies™ are Encouraging Kids to Dream Big
VTech recently provided us with a VTech® Flipsies™ Clementine’s Birthday Party & Bakery and Sandy and Her Surfboard to facilitate this review. My girls started stalking the mail the moment I told them they were coming and quickly convinced me to cut our homeschool day short when they arrived for a good two hours of play. I knew right away I had to add the dolls to my Holiday Gift Guide for kids this year.
What are Flipsies™
Flipsies are 2-in-1 dolls that transform from their everyday looks into their dream look with changing hair, cloths and accessories. By transforming their flipsies and allowing them to experience their dream, Flipsies help empower your girl to dream big and reach for the stars.
- Eight introductory themes encourage girls to dream to be anything they want to be, whether it’s a doctor, marine biologist, teacher or even a princess.
- Flipsies come to life with MagicPoint™ technology, so they can interact with their playsets and even talk to one another! When placed on MagicPoint locations on any playset, each Flispies doll responds with fun phrases that match her personality and location on the playset.
- The dolls can also interact and talk to each other in select MagicChat locations throughout all the playsets.
- Extending the play value for kids, a new Flipsies microsite is now available, offering girls exciting activities, games, quizzes, videos and more. It also serves as a resource for parents, with tools and advice on how to support and empower their children, build their confidence and help them achieve their dreams.
- The introductory product collection features 18 offerings, ranging from $9.99- $39.99.
Find Flipsies Online
Our Flipsies Playset
We received the VTech® Flipsies™ Clementine’s Birthday Party & Bakery playset to start out our adventure of big dreams. About the set...
- Flipsies Clementine's Birthday Party and Bakery is a 2-in-1 doll playset that transforms from a birthday party where she can entertain all of her friends to a bakery where she can sell her yummy treats
- Place Clementine on the three MagicPoint locations on the dollhouse playset or other MagicPoint locations on Flipsies dollhouse playsets (each sold separately) and she'll respond with playful phrases unique to her own personality
- Clementine magically gets to live out her dream of becoming a baker through cute outfits, wigs and doll accessories that can be shared with all Flipsies dolls (additional Flipsies sold separately)
- 3 MagicPoint locations trigger playful phrases; 25+ fun doll accessories; when Clementine and one of her friends are on the MagicPoint locations by the baked goods counter or the stereo, they will chat with each other
- Playset works with all Flipsies dolls, and Clementine interacts with all Flipsies doll playsets (additional Flipsies and Flipsies playsets sold separately); let your dreams shine with Flipsies
- Requires 3 LR44 batteries (batteries included for demo purposes only; new batteries recommended for regular use); intended for ages 4 to 9 years
My thoughts on VTech® Flipsies™
I absolutley adore these little dolls! Not only did they appeal to both of my daughters, but my 12-year-old son too! He is a GREAT big brother and will often sit down and play dolls with his littlest sister to appease her. He really liked how they could transform and he could quickly change up the narrative while playing with her.
The girls have spent hours playing with them in the past week and have had lots of switching out their looks and role playing with their different personalities. They've also added almost every other play set to their holiday wish list!
My only con for the Flipsies is that I wish they were marketed to girls and boys. My son had asked if Sandy and Her Surfboard could be his when the toys arrived. The way his face lit up when I told him "yes, boys can play with dolls too," is one that I will never forget. His eyes lit up with joy and he had the biggest smile.
Boys shouldn't need to feel like they need approval to play with dolls, so making them a little more gender neutral friendly would be a big plus in my book.
Regardless, we will still love these inspiring dolls and my girls will just have to wait and see which ones end up under the tree this year.
My Girls Flipsies Dreams
What, or who, do you like to pretend to be when you're playing?
A horse trainer or monsters :::hee hee hee::: - Ali (7)
I like to pretend our dolls are having a birthday party or going to princess school. - Ema (10)
Who is your favorite Flipsie doll and why?
The princess, Grace. - Ali
Eva, because she takes care of pets. - Ema
If you could transform like a Flipsie, what would you turn into?
A princess!!!! - Ali
A baker! - Ema
Don't forget to check out the rest of my Holiday Gift Guide and watch for my Gift Guide Giveaway to begin on 11/26 where you could win your very own Flipsies playset!