Earth Week may be over, but the Rock says, well actually I have no idea what the Rock would say, but the Odd Mom says we should be celebrating the Earth all year long. That is why I'm happy to share NBC's Share and Tell with you, where the focus is on living a sustainable lifestyle, because Green is Universal.
Did you know that for every pound of new goods produced, 71 pounds of waste are generated during manufacturing?
How Do You Share and Tell?
It is easy, just follow these steps:
1) Join or host a Share & Tell Party (click the “Join the Party” button in the app below).
2) Post your stuff to share with friends. Discover other items that are up for grabs.
3) Tell the story of your sharing experiences on your favorite social media site. #ShareandTell
You can also organize a local Share & Tell party with your friends and family. Make an event page, tell everyone what your looking for and let them do the same. On the day of the event share the needed items that you own with your party guest. Not only will you all be helping the planet, but you will be saving money too!
I Have Something to Share with You!
The nice folks at NBC have offered up a Green is Universal Prize Pack for one That Odd Mom reader to win. Check out what is included and then use the handy PunchTab widget to enter.
One Green is Universal canvas tote bag (made from recycled cotton)
... along with two of the items below (chosen at random)
- Planet Ocean DVD
- Green is Universal T-shirt (made by Alternative Apparel)
- Green is Universal colored pencil kits (made from recycled newspaper)
- Green is Universal Vapur water bottles (BPA-free)
- Green is Universal hardboard cover spiral bound notebook (not pictured)
- Green is Universal burlap FEED bag (not pictured)