Menu Plan Monday - Better for You Blueberry Muffins
Sigh....my little baby boy turns 11 in three days! Our menu plan this week features a day of his request and a pot of chili for the tiny bit of chill we get to experience here in Florida.
In all honesty, it was hard for me to come up with a menu this week. ALL I can think about is picking up my organic ground pork from the co-op on Saturday and mixing up batches of the best breakfast sausage ever. On Sunday morning I will be eating sausage, biscuits and gravy and I will be in heaven.
I did manage though!
For Breakfast we Have
- Oatmeal (flavored with syrup or honey & fruit)
- Cheese Grits (made with extra sharp white cheddar)
- Dry Cereal
- Blueberry Muffins (recipe below)
For Lunch we Have
- Ham Sandwiches
- Mini Pizzas
Snacks and Desserts
- Fresh refrigerator dill pickles
- Marinated olives
Monday - Chili topped with green onion, cheese and sour cream.
Tuesday - Baked tilapia, spinach salad & creamy dill pasta
Wednesday - Roasted pork loin, green beans and rice pilaf
Thursday - Birthday Boy's Pizza Day
Friday - Leftover Buffet
Saturday - Great Northern Beans with Ham and Collard Greens
Sunday - Roasted whole chicken, carrots and a squash (haven't decided which one yet)
Better for You Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are free of processed oils and sugar. The only thing that would make them even better would be to substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat or almond flour. I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does. (pic coming soon)
Yields: 12 Muffins
Prep Time: 5 to 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 to 25 min.
- 1 3/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- One Small Mixing Bowl
- One Medium Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place liners in muffin pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and water in small mixing bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
Tip: If you like a little crunch or crumble on the top of your muffin, skip the sugar stuff and use some toasted coconut or a crumble made of ground almonds and butter with a touch a cinnamon.
For more menu plans and recipes be sure to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for the Menu Plan Monday link-up!